Aadhaar Card Update: How to update Aadhaar Details
Due to any reason if you have to update your Aadhaar details, then there are 3 ways by which you can easily do it.
As per UIDAI, there are different ways by which you can update your Aadhar card details.
- You can update your Aadhaar card details online by visiting UIDAI website.
- You can request updation by post.
- You can also get your details updated by Visiting the nearby Aadhaar enrolment centre.
How to update Aadhar Card Details online:
For updating aadhaar card details online, you need to have your mobile number registered. Only then you will be able to update aadhaar online, since OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number while updating aadhaar online.
To update your Demographic details (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile & Email) in aadhaar card, make sure that your mobile number is registered in Aadhaar while using this service.
Aadhaar Card Details Correction/Updation Online:
- Login to Aadhaar card Online Self Service Update Portal Link https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update by using your Aadhaar number.
- Fill in the correct details name change / correction / surname change request online.
- Scan and upload the related Proof of Identity for Aadhaar Card Update.
- After filling the form with correct details, you will be provided with Aadhaar Card Update Request Number (URN), which can be further used to track the status of your request.
Aadhar card Correction/Update by post:
You can update your demographic details except mobile number by sending updated Aadhaar data update request form along with the self attested supporting documents by post to the following address:
UIDAI, Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034 India
The request will be taken care at UIDAI end and the receipt will be shared to you through SMS.
Aadhar card details updation/correction by visiting nearby enrollment center:
You can get your demographic details updated like (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile & Email) as well as biometrics (Finger Prints, Iris & Photograph), if you are visiting your nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Center.
For updating Aadhaar card details at enrolment center, you need to carry your original documents with you. The documents will be scanned and uploaded and will be handed back to you after updation.