How to Link Aadhaar With LIC Policy Online
As per new notification released by IRDA (Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority of India), it is now mandatory to link all the existing Insurance policies to Aadhaar and also while buying a new insurance policy, it is mandatory to provide your Aadhaar Number
Presently, the last date to link aadhaar with Insurance policies is 31st December 2017. To create awareness among people, most of the Insurance companies have started campaign or online portal. Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has also started online services which facilitates linking of Aadhaar with LIC Policies.
If you are one of those who need to link Aadhar with LIC, then on the official website of LIC you can do this necessary task at one go. There is no need to login to LIC e-services portal to update your Aadhaar Number. Just follow the following simple steps to link Aadhaar with existing LIC Insurance Policies Online.
How to Link Aadhaar to LIC Policy Online?
- Visit the official portal of LIC of India portal using the URL: https://www.licindia.in/
- On the homepage you will find a section “Link Aadhaar and PAN to Policy” with NEW flashing over it. Click on the same.
- A new webpage will open that will lead to the general instructions you need to follow before and during filling the form. The instructions are as follows:
Keep your Aadhaar Card and PAN card handy along with the list of policies.
Mobile Number as registered with UIDAI is to be entered. OTP will be sent to the number provided. (In case your mobile number is not updated in Aadhaar, kindly contact nearby LIC Branch Office for Aadhaar Linking.)
After submitting the form, a message will be shown on the success of the registration for linkage.
After verification with UIDAI, SMS / mail confirmation will be sent to you. The verification may take few days.
- Click on the “PROCEED” given below the instructions.
- You will redirect on new page with the link https://kyclink.licindia.in/UIDSeedingWebApp/ asking details like your Full Name as per Aadhaar, Date of Birth mentioned on Aadhaar card, Aadhaar Number, Gender, E-mail ID, PAN card number, Mobile Number as registered in your Aadhaar card and the Insurance Policy Number.
- In case you need to link multiple policies with aadhar number then click on “Add Policy” button for adding other policy number.
- Fill all the details asked correctly and after reading the terms and condition check the box.
- Enter the CAPTCHA text as shown in the image and then click on “Get OTP” button.
- One time password OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number and you will be taken to detail verification page. After verifying information submitted by you can enter OTP and click on Submit button.
- A success message will display that confirms the Aadhaar and insurance policy linking. After verification with UIDAI, confirmation SMS and E-mail will be sent to you. The actual verification may take several days.
So don’t wait and link your LIC with your Aadhar number as the deadline to link both is approaching very fast. Also note that the details submitted by you should match with Aadhaar Information.