How to Get Duplicate Aadhaar – Lost / Misplaced Aadhar Card
Aadhar card is one crucial document having 12 digit unique identity number which has become a vital necessity for various purposes. It has been made mandatory by the Government of India that Aadhar card of each resident of India is linked to bank Accounts and for Tax Payment purposes.
Considering its importance, if anybody misplaced/lost his or her Aadhaar Card, UIDAI has provided the online facility to get duplicate E-Aadhaar by visiting the UIDAI’s website www.uidai.gov.in from where you can get your duplicate Aadhar card by entering your details like name and your registered mobile number.
To download E-Aadhaar you must have your registered mobile number with you to avail this facility. Then you can download a duplicate copy of your Aadhaar card.
Follow the steps mentioned below to get a duplicate Aadhaar card, in case you have misplaced or lost aadhar card.
How to get Duplicate Aadhar Card:
- Visit the UIDAI Official website by using the link www.uidai.gov.in
- On the Home page of UIDAI website, you will find “Retrieve Lost UID/EID” under the tab “Aadhaar Enrolment”. This link helps you in case you have lost your Enrolment slip or Aadhaar number, you can retrieve the same on your registered mobile. Click on “Retrieve Lost UID/EID” link.
- A new page with the link https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid will open.
- Select right option, Aadhaar Number (UID) or Enrolment Number (EID) under you want to retrieve your lost.
- Enter the details.
Full Name (as registered in your Aadhaar Card)
Email or Mobile (registered in your Aadhar Card)
Enter the Security Code as shown in the image.
- Click on “Get OTP” button.
- One time Password (OTP) will be received on your registered mobile and/or email address. Enter the OTP, and then click on “Verify OTP”.
- You will receive a message on your mobile registered with your Aadhaar card number or Enrollment Id as you selected in Step 2 above.
- Now to get your digital Aadhaar Card, go to https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ and select appropriate option, “Enrollment Id” OR “Aadhaar”, under “I have:”
- Enter your Aadhaar card number or Enrollment Id, Full Name, Pin Code, security text and mobile number and then click on “Get OTP”.
- One Time Password (OTP) will be delivered to your mobile and/or email address.
- Enter the OTP you just received on your mobile in the “Enter OTP” box and click on “Validate and Download” to download the e-Aadhaar copy on your computer.
- Your Adhar Card will be downloaded in PDF Format.
The PDF file will be password protected. Earlier the password to open the pdf file containing your Aadhaar was the pin code of your home address. But now it has changed.
Now the Aadhar Card Password comprises of 8 letters, first 4 are the first four letters of your name as mentioned in your Aadhaar Card and next four letters are your birth year.
To know more about Aadhar Card Password : Click on the link – E-Aadhaar Letter PDF Password | Aadhar Card Password